Saturday, July 25, 2009

Losing my blogging virginity


Bloggity blog blog. I am only doing this in hopes that someone..anyone will be..or at least present to be interested in what I have to say. I am a writer and identify myself as that first and foremost. Food is my passion, my palate is my compass (at the risk of being cliche), and since I was a wee little bitty thing I have been forever epicurious. Where have I been? What have I eaten? Why do I adore chefs but cannot actually be one myself? That..you will learn..I hope..through this blog..of which I am a virgin. Think of me as the virgin food bloggette. Yes? Ok. Here we go.

Zee Photograph above is from a little shindig I discovered while in Chicago the past week. It's called Farmerie 58 on the corner of Rush and Ontario across the street from the chic boutique The James hotel. Though I'm trying to accept and actually (excuse my harshness) give a shit about "local" and "organic" and "fresh" it's been a little difficult for me in the past. I could care less if my greens have been given a vitamin enriched shower or if my fish ate its weight in the periodic table of elements. I just want to eat the damn food and I want it to blow me away. However, this place has opened up my eyes with their philosophy. Check it kidz. www.farmerie58.com


No comments:

Post a Comment