Monday, August 24, 2009

Indulgence


He is smoke and wilted, drying flowers, hanging upside down from my wrists

Tastes of dark chocolate and mint..sometimes roasted peaches

Soft like cotton, fresh laundry warming in the sun

*

we feasted on each other's eyes through distant stares and conversations from blinks and lingering looks

feasted on each other mouths, rousing flavors of effervescent lust and distilled yearning

something old and comfortable but that the both of us had only long past indulged in

We reveled in each other

*

Made each other shiver like breath acrossed hot soup, steam of breath on skin and back of neck

*

Ambushed by the grace of which he made me feel, little explosions come unexpected as he passed by me in the restaurant, flipping open tab books to check tips, run bills, or the way he tore off bread with his teeth, dipped it in butter and chewed. I think he knew I like to watch his jaws, the strength of them against the soft part of the baguette, working past tough crust.

*

Drove me a bit insane, half past mad with the way he ate, and later discovered he consumed me, body, flesh, sweat, tears, the same way.

*

His mouth, lissome, folding over slices of meat or slabs of fish, his tongue tasting the air, picking up remnants of flavors you only get after you swallow. The little hints of rhubarb, chervil or spice that only the tip of the tongue can conceive of.

*

He had a way with making clouds part yesterday, a way of suckling he gray from them with his soul, his eyes, like a straw so that they glowed white-orange with the sun trying to burst through.

*

And he has the same effect on me, drew out the blue-gray gloom so that my peripheries buzzed like neon. And no one could look away.

*

But I think what steals my breath away is the way his hair feels like corn silk along my bare stomach, that I can feel and smell him in brief moments in the folds of my towel when I emerge from the shower or tucked in at night in the moments before sleep.

*

The first person who fed me from his palm and I swear flavors magnified consumed off the brevity of his fingertips.

No comments:

Post a Comment