Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Poem




I licked the oil that dripped its way slowly into the shallow crevices between his fingers

Right there in the restaurant, leaned across the table, small breasts hovering just above the bread basket, the corner of the cloth grazing the cleft of freckled skin, like pepper

Sucking the drop of liquid from his tanned skin and callused knuckles

Tongue fluttering there before settling back into my chair across from him

The volume crawled into a dull roar as we ate the bread

beyond the hard crust that flaked away with each nibble

Until the center

Melted into my tongue the way I knew my flesh

And sweat

And salt

Would mollify on the inside of his lips

Flesh supple and easily penetrated

From a persistent, hungry mouth

Morsels of each other sliding down our throats

Gluttony extracted from the list of sins

No comments:

Post a Comment